Solutions to energy and environmental problems are in most cases achieved in a project format. Dr. Grimshaw, G&A President, has managed many projects involving a large variety of topics, with emphasis on energy policy and environmental protection, compliance and cleanup. A large proportion of the environmental projects have been for energy facilities such as coal mines, oilfields, pipelines, electric power plants, oil refineries, and petrochemical plants. Methods employed by G&A to achieve project success include:
- Developing a clear understanding of the objectives of the project and methods used to achieve the objectives
- Developing a project plan that sets forth basic project parameters, including objectives, methods, scope, schedule, budget, deliverables, and project controls
- Delineating contract and performance terms, such as rates, payment, invoicing, and terms of liability for the client and G&A
- Maintaining client communications to report on progress, detail issues encountered, and provide timely findings as the work proceeds.
The majority of Dr. Grimshaw’s project management experience has therefore been at the energy/environment nexus over the course of his career. Examples are as follows:
- Case Study of the Barnett Shale for Effective Management of Shale Gas Development Issues
- Verification of Cold Fusion Demonstrations by Investigators at Italy’s National Institute for Nuclear Physics
- Policy Research Projects: Oversight of 12 students in each of two projects at the LBJ School of Public Affairs, The University of Texas at Austin
- Numerous Environmental Protection and Cleanup Projects in Large Consulting Organizations: Radian Corporation, International Technology Corporation, and RMT Corporation
- Infrastructure (Vertical Construction) Projects for Shaw Beneco, a U.S. Government Contractor Working at Army, Navy and Air Force Installations
- Systems Development Projects for Two Companies Based on Vendor Software Configuration
- Research Project Development for environmental program at the Bureau of Economic Geology, Research Unit of The University of Texas at Austin
Dr. Grimshaw’s extensive and varied experience in managing energy, environmental, and other types of projects ensures that G&A services are performed effectively – responsive to client needs, on time, and in budget.